To enquire about this service or to make an appointment, call us on 01423 555430 or contact us online.
Our Endocrinology Team provides the diagnosis and management of a diverse range of hormonal, metabolic disorders and gender related treatments.
Endocrinology and diabetes is predominantly an outpatient specialty but in certain instances, a patient may want or require hospital admission, particularly for complex investigations or the management of complications.
Our team has expert knowledge in gender-specific issues.
Harrogate Harlow Private Healthcare Service has a multidisciplinary team of doctors, diabetes specialist nurses, specialist dietitians and specialist podiatrists.
We recognise that a long term condition such as diabetes may affect many aspects of people’s lives and, as such, we ensure to treat individual patients with specialised and tailored care plans.
Treatment & procedures
We treat a wide variety of conditions ranging from those which are common to the more complex. These include:
- Diabetes mellitus thyroid disease
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome and reproductive disorders
- Type 2 diabetes or polycystic ovarian syndromes
- Pituitary tumours
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia
- Addison’s disease / adrenal disease
We also carry out:
- Programmed investigations for complex endocrine disorders
- Management of diabetes and endocrine conditions during pregnancy
Consultants in other specialities work in close liaison with the surgery team in a 24/7 consultant-led service. The team is backed-up by the availability of other on-site hospital services and amenities.
Many members of our team have developed sub-specialty interests including:
- Diabetes in pregnancy
- Diabetic renal disease
- Diabetic neuropathy and foot problems
- Thyroid problems
- Pituitary and adrenal disease
- Reproductive endocrinology
- Metabolic bone disease
- Neuroendocrine tumours