I qualified from Westminster Hospital 1984 BSc (1st Class); MBBS
Membership of the Royal Colleges of Physicians (UK) 1987 followed by specialist training in gastroenterology in London and Leeds.
- Three years’ research into NSAID-induced bowel damage at Royal London Hospital leading to MD degree.
- YRCA grant 1993-6 to study H.pylori
- Appointed Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist at Harrogate District Hospital in 1996
- FRCP (London 1999)
- Honorary Senior Lecturer University of Leeds
My clinical interests include GORD, Barrett’s (I am the lead for Harrogate’s involvement in several multicentre trials into this disease), liver disease and ERCP, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and other functional bowel diseases.
I am the Endoscopy Unit lead and lead for Undergraduate Placements, as well as a Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspector and Membership of the Royal Colleges of Physicians examiner.
- Diseases of the oesophagus, stomach, small and large bowel (colon), liver and biliary system, pancreas
- Endoscopic retrograde Cholangio-pancreatography (ERCP)
Email address: Gareth.firstname.lastname@example.org